4 april 2011

Feminism?

I have always had a critical attitude towards feminism and the ongoing debate about society's discrimination against women.

I believe that people, regardless of gender, dont have to but should be treated on the same grounds. If a woman and a man looking for a job and both have the same skills then the
employer should not hire the man just because he is a man. I do not think this is a common phenomenon at work and do not believe that the employer is morally wrong if he chooses the man because he is just a man. But we shall not discuss that now.
 

I therefore agree with the basic idea that men and women should be treated on an equal basis regardless of gender. Nevertheless, I would not sympathize with feminism. I have often wondered why this is so, without really finding any good arguments. Sure, feminism is often left excessive and violent, but it is not because of the reasons I have chosen to distance themselves from feminism.
Feminism is based on collectivism. According to feminism, women are just women in the plural.  


Women are a group of people discrimination by men, who work together to combat the oppression of their sex. Feminism has the attitude that women as individuals is weak. Therefore all men agree, only then are they strong. Feminism believes that women are incapable of themselves to compete with men.  
They must, therefore, through quotas and laws get around and lift the oppression. Feminism is saying that women are incapable of getting around themselves and that the only solution is to unite in a group.
 

I just individualistic. If one is individualist feminism is that I totally irrelevant. It has no value and forsake women instead of helping them. As an individualist, I think on their own, free individuals.  

Free individuals who have the potential to shape their own future. The possible repression of women is not in my interest as I do not see myself as one of the group of women, but as a separate individual and human. I have an optimistic outlook on people and believe that individuals can accomplish an awful lot, lot more than people think.
 

The solution to discrimination against women lies not in women unite in a group. The solution is to stop women regard themselves as a collective and becoming individualists.

23 kommentarer:

  1. i couldn't have said it better myself, really this is the same with the gay pride thing.. if they want to be equals then act like you are

    SvaraRadera
  2. Agree with you 100%. Great post.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Women already get equal rights. They just want attention.

    SvaraRadera
  4. i think things are about right, except for the fact that people cant take a little bit of joking...they assume 'sexism'

    SvaraRadera
  5. interesting points I think I agree mostly

    SvaraRadera
  6. Good explanation very insightful.

    SvaraRadera
  7. Nice post, I'd like to ad that while women get shoved into the kitchen and don't like that attitude, they'll be fine with sending a guy into the yard to fix up the fence.

    SvaraRadera
  8. i like your blog. keep up the good work

    SvaraRadera
  9. There are core fundamentals to what makes male male and females female, and feminist are in one way or another simply redefining how society views those fundamentals.

    SvaraRadera
  10. I agree with most of this post, at least the core. When I think feminism I think of a group of women that not only want to equate themselves to men, but they also want to come out as superior. I believe both sexes are equal in rights, but the feminist movement is just an extreme stance, and any woman that participates in it is rather hypocritical and an embarrassment to all the women before them that have often given everything to be equal to men, as they rightfully should be.

    SvaraRadera
  11. Many people claim to be completely for feminism, yet are not. We are all humans so why can't we all get along equally? Good post

    SvaraRadera
  12. I think when it comes to employment sex and race should be ignored. When I have applied for jobs, you have the option of checking your race and sex what is with this? Does it matter? Is having a diverse workforce pertaining to race and sex more important than having a diverse workforce in style and thought?

    SvaraRadera
  13. I believe that anything that inhibits absolute unity between 2 or more people should be eliminated.

    SvaraRadera
  14. People have mixed feelings about that

    SvaraRadera
  15. I think a lot of men are afraid of feminism, and that is why they reject it. I am not a fan of hardcore feminism by any means, but I believe in equality. People seem to forget how opressed women WERE. There are a lot of us just fighting to keep it that way, thats all. Not saying I agree fully with it, but these things have their good points.

    SvaraRadera
  16. hi!

    I believe we are both equal, me and my wife with the same way and run our marriage this way. We've had a lot of great success.

    Any way my blog is from my fishes point of view :P you should come check it out, he got a new tank!

    +followed

    SvaraRadera
  17. discrimination against women have been going on for thousands of years.

    SvaraRadera
  18. You make some ideal points. Personally, I'm not really feminist (or chauvinist for that matter). I agree with you on the fact that people should just do what they want to do and not have to worry past that.

    SvaraRadera
  19. I couldnt agree more. this is one of the most convincingly logical arguments against feminism I have read. thanks!

    SvaraRadera
  20. Can i get a round of applause...great post.

    SvaraRadera
  21. Agree 100%. Great post.

    SvaraRadera